Learning how to fix a cracked snowboard can be a huge money saver. Cracks on a snowboard that are not treated will grow and ultimately ruin a snowboard. Fixing a cracked snowboard can save you tons of green. The maintenance involve is not easy in fact if is rather difficult but worth the effort. Cracks in snowboards can come from various events, tricks gone wrong to rocks. The crack can be small or larger but in either case should be repaired promptly. The method below to fix a cracked snowboard is geared towards smaller cracks. Large cracks in snowboards need to be taken to a pro shop for repair.
Supplies needed to fix a cracked snowboard:
- Cracked snowboard
- Box cutter
- Safety goggles
- Tin snips
- Self tapping screw
- Piece of thin sheet metal
- Place the snowboard on a flat surface leaving the crack facing upward. Put on your gloves and safety goggles. Use the sandpaper to smooth out any rough surfaces around the crack. Use the file of it is on the edge of the snowboard.
- Place the towel over the board where you will be clamping it to the flat surface. Clamp the snowboard in place. Run your hand over the crack to make certain it is smooth. Use the box cutter to cut a small area around the crack.
- Remove the cut piece and sand smooth. Place epoxy in the crack. Fill until the epoxy exits the crack. Measure out a piece of sheet metal to fit just inside the cut out. Use the tin snips to cut the piece of sheet metal to the dimensions.
- Apply epoxy to the cut out area. Place the sheet metal piece in the cut out area. Push down with your fingers working the epoxy throughout the area. Place the self-tapping screw into place and secure the sheet metal.
Tip: it will take two to three days to cure. Do not use the snowboard until such time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.