Many dirt bike owners wonder how to fix a dirt bike's stuck throttle. The throttle on a dirt bike can get stuck for a variety of reasons, but luckily, it is not too difficult to fix the problem. This guide will help you fix a dirt bike's stuck throttle.
To fix a stuck throttle, you will need:
- Your dirt bike
- A carburetor cleaning kit
- A wrench
- The first step in fixing a stuck throttle on a dirt bike is to determine why the throttle is sticking. Do not assume that parts need replacement before doing a thorough inspection of why the throttle might be sticking.
- Carefully remove the carburetor. Twist off the cap or unscrew it with a screwdriver. The needle and slide should be visible below the cap. Remove the needle and slide and thoroughly clean them. Locate the air box and remove the bolts holding it in place. You may need to use your owner's manual to locate the air box. If the dirt bike's air box has clamps instead of bolts, you will need to loosen the clamps and pop the carburetor off the bike.
- Place your finger behind where the carburetor usually sits and feel the slide. Lift the slide and see if it returns to its original place. If it does, the carburetor and the slide are not what is causing the throttle to stick.
- If the carburetor or slide are dirty, clean them before putting the carburetor back into the bike. That should help prevent any sticking due to dirty parts. You can purchase a carburetor cleaning kit at any car parts store.
- Try to remove the cable from the throttle. Check to see if your dirt bike's throttle cable is functioning properly by gently pulling on it. The throttle cable is located on the handlebars of the bike. If it returns to its original location, nothing is wrong with it. If it does not, you will need to replace the throttle cable.
- Before replacing the throttle, spin it to see if it can move freely. Wash the throttle thoroughly before attaching it to the dirt bike. Do not add lubrication to the throttle as this will cause your dirt bike throttle to stick even more. The throttle can be cleaned with regular water and dried with a towel.
- Replace the throttle pipe if it is damaged. Holes or dents in the throttle pipe could cause the throttle to stick.
Reattach the throttle. Your dirt bike should no longer have a sticking throttle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!