How To Fix The Generation 1 iPod Touch Home Button
This article will help you learn how to fix the Generation 1 iPod Touch Home Button. The iPod Touch is very popular due to the fact that it is not only an MP3 player, but you can also connect to the Internet and it has a lot of apps. If your iPod Touch is under warranty then call Apple and do not attempt to do anything. If it is not under warranty then proceed with the steps below.
- Pick up your Generation 1 iPod Touch. Press the home button and sleep button at the same time. Keep pressing them until you start seeing the screen flash. Do this a few times.
- Try to open an application and see if it works. If it doesn’t work you can try the above step a few more times.
- If the home button on your Generation 1 iPod Touch is still not working there is one more thing to try. Get a Q-tip and dip it into rubbing alcohol. Do not saturate the tip. You only need a small amount on it and be sure no alcohol is dripping off of it. Rub the Q-tip around the home button a few times.
- When finished if it is wet at all dry it off with a soft cloth. It is very important to be sure to not saturate the Q-tip. It just needs to be damp with the alcohol and not dripping. You do not want to get alcohol inside of your Generation 1 iPod Touch.
- Now let’s try to open an application on the Generation 1 iPod Touch. Test if the home button is working.
Hopefully you have a Generation 1 iPod Touch with the home button working. If you did the above steps and it still doesn’t work, it is a good idea to call Apple before you do anything further. Sometimes we can make a problem worse instead of better.