How To Fix A Hole In An Air Mattress
You have just received word that you and a few friends will be hitting the campgrounds and you suddenly remember the menacing hole in your air mattress and that you need to know how to fix a hole in an air mattress. What to do? Have no fear, with a few handy tips, you will be able to fix the hole in your air mattress and be well on your way to a peaceful and comfortable night.
Things you will need:
- Soapy water
- Sponge or washcloth
- Permanent marker
- Paper towels
- Inner tube patch kit
- Inflate the air mattress. First, you must inflate the mattress as you normally would.
- Immerse the wash cloth or sponge in soapy water. Soak your washcloth or sponge into the soapy water and wipe it across the mattress. Soap bubbles will form where the leak is.
- Mark leak area. Once you determine the leak area of your air mattress, mark it with a permanent marker.
- Deflate the mattress. Be sure you wipe the soap off of the air mattress with paper towels and allow the mattress to dry completely.
- Purchase a patch kit. Inner tube patch kits for bikes are commonly used to repair air mattresses with holes. These kits can be purchased in a home depot or bicycle shops.
- Apply the patch. First, simply apply your pad to the hole. Glue in the pad's edges. Take the patch and apply glue to it. Next, you must place the patch over the pad and glue to seal the edges together. Allow this to dry completely.
- Check for air bubbles. Check to be sure that your patch is smooth and free of air bubbles. This air mattress fix will last you several months to a year.