It is important to learn how to fix a Honda Accord window if you have an older Honda Accord. Although the Honda Accord is renowned for being a durable vehicle, the electric window motor regulators in older models can wear out over time. This is noticeable when you hear sounds coming from the window when you attempt to use it but the window won't move. But don't worry, you can use these steps to fix a broken window in your Honda Accord.
To fix a Honda Accord window, you will need:
- A Phillips screwdriver
- A flathead screwdriver
- A wrench set
- A black marker
- Masking tape
- A new Honda Accord electric window regulator
- Remove the screws securing the door panel from the inside of the vehicle. These screws are beneath the arm rest. Release the door panel by prying it away from the front of the door. Work your way back by prying off the top and sides of the panel and the back of the panel.
- Remove the clips holding the door panel using a flathead screwdriver to pinch them together. Remove the panel by sliding it upward and away from the door.
- Remove the two bolts securing the window to the regulator. Note the position where the bolts secure the windows. When you re-install the window you will need to adjust them similarly. Making a small mark on the window with a black marker is a good way to easily keep track of the correct position.
- Lift the window directly up and remove it from the car door. Secure it using masking tape if you prefer not to remove it completely.
- Remove the bolts securing the window motor and guide. Remove the window motor and guide and set them aside.
- Remove the regulator from the power window motor assembly. Dispose of the old regulator and install the new unit.
- Re-attach the window motor and guide to the door by following the removal instructions in reverse. Test the new window regulator by turning on your ignition switch and moving the window up with the electric switch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …