It's quite easy to learn how to fix Honda Civic window motors when they stop working. If you are having trouble getting the windows of your Honda Civic back up, chances are that the regulators in the electric window motor assembly have stopped working. Regulators are the parts of the motor that guide the window up and down when you activate the motor using the switch. Follow these instructions to fix a broken Honda Civic window.
To fix a Honda Civic window, you will need:
- A small crowbar
- A flathead screwdriver
- A socket wrench set
- A Honda Civic window regulator
- Check your fuse box to ensure that the cause of the window malfunction is indeed the regulator and not simply a blown fuse. There are two fuse boxes and you need to look at both. Access the interior fuse box by opening the door and finding the fuse panel under the dash where your left knee is while driving. Access the alternative fuse box by opening the hood and finding the fuse and relay panel near the back driver's side. Remove the fuse box cover of each one and locate the power window fuse. Replace it if you need to.
- Remove the arm rest and the door handle panel. Pry these pieces off using a crowbar or a large flathead screwdriver. Remove the power switch assembly with the same technique. Disconnect the electrical connector from the switch assembly and put the switch assembly aside.
- Locate and remove the bolts that secure the door panel to the door. They are located under the switch assembly. Pry the door panel free using a flathead screwdriver and, starting at the front of the panel, work your way back, gently pulling the panel away from the door.
Remove the plastic weather panel. Pull at the top, gently separating it from the door. Set the plastic weather panel aside.
- Unscrew and remove the bolts that hold the window to the regulator. The window will freely move now. Lift the window up in a closed position and secure it there, using masking tape.
- Remove the bolts that secure the motor assembly and regulator to the door. Remove the assembly.
- Remove the worn regulator from the motor assembly and discard it. Install a new regulator on the motor assembly. Replace the motor itself if there is no sound at all when you attempt to roll up the window (if the fuses are not blown).
- Re-install your Honda Civic's motor assembly. Re-attach the window to the assembly and connect the power window switch. Test the window to ensure that it works before you re-install the weather panel and door panel.
Remember, never pull or yank the switch wiring on your Honda Civic. Ensure that you unhook the unit before you remove the switch or you can damage the wiring.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.