If you need to know how to fix an iPod Touch white screen then you’ve come to the right place. This is sometimes called the white screen of death. Luckily it is very easy to fix.
- Find the power button on your iPod Touch. It is a rectangular button on the top left side of the iPod.
- Now you need to find the home button. This button is a circular shape and is on the front of your iPod Touch close to the bottom.
- Now you need to hold down the home button and the power button at the same time. Hold these buttons down until you see the Apple logo on the screen. This normally takes about 30 seconds. Your iPod Touch will reboot.
- If your iPod still has the white screen try the above steps one more time. If it still has the white screen then proceed with the step below.
- If this doesn’t work and you still have a white screen connect your iPod to iTunes via the USB cable. If iTunes finds a problem with your iPod Touch it will give you the option to restore it to factory settings. If you do this you will lose everything on your iPod Touch so make sure everything is backed up first!
Hopefully by now you have brought your iPod Touch back to life and no longer have the white screen of death. If nothing above works, then it’s time to call Apple, and they may send you a new iPod Touch if it is under warranty.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.