- How To Fix Non-Working Keys On Blackberry Pearl
- How To Open Blackberry Curve
- How To Reinstall Blackberry Os
- How To Change The Color Of The Trackball On A Blackberry 8100
- How To Take Out Trackball In Blackberry Curve 8310
- How To Change Voicemail Number On A BlackBerry Storm
- How To Reset Blackberry Storm
How To Fix Non-Working Keys On A BlackBerry Pearl
If you need to learn how to fix non-working keys on a BlackBerry Pearl then this article will help you. There are a few things yo try that hopefully will get those non-working keys on a BlackBerry working again!
- Hard Reset. Take the cover off of the BlackBerry Pearl and pull the battery out. Wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in.
- Application Loader. If the hard reset did not fix the non-working keys on your BlackBerry Pearl, the next thing to try is to run the application loader through the Desktop Manager. This software is on a CD that came with your BlackBerry Pearl. Open "Desktop Manager" on your computer.
- Connect your BlackBerry Pearl to your computer via the USB cable. Click the application loader icon in the Desktop Manager software that should be open on your screen. The application loader wizard will come up on your screen. Click "Next" until you come to a white screen. This screen will say "No Actions are Required." Choose "Select." Click on "Erase All Application Data" and click "Next."
- Click on the first button and the checkbox that says "Automatically Back Up." Then just keep clicking "Next." This is going to uninstall and reinstall the operating system on your Blackberry Pearl. It will not delete your data unless there is something more wrong with your phone. Let it finish and do not disconnect your BlackBerry Pearl until it is done.
- Bad Battery. Sometimes a battery can be bad and will cause non-working keys on a BlackBerry Pearl. It still might charge your phone but not for long periods. If you battery is not working as well as it used to then you should replace it.
- If there was any kind of moisture around the keyboard or water spilled on the keyboard, the keys will not work. You will need to contact your cell phone provider if none of the steps above fixed your problem with non-working keys on your BlackBerry Pearl.
Hopefully you no longer have non-working keys on your BlackBerry Pearl.
Posted on: Jun. 02, 2010