If your PS3 is having problems connecting to the internet, you may want to learn how to fix PS3 network connection problems for DNS Linksys errors. This network connection is what makes it possible for your PS3 to connect to the internet and download all types of games, movies and extras. Until you get this problem fixed, it will also be difficult for you to compete online against other gamers. There are a few steps that you can follow to fix your PS3 network connection problem.
To fix PS3 network connection problems for DNS Linksys errors, you will need:
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 3 controller
- Turn off your PS3. Press the "X" button on your controller to make sure your console is truly off. Wait for 30 seconds, then press the "PS" button to turn it back on.
- Go to settings. Use your controller to scroll down until you reach a section that says "Network Settings." Select this using the "X" button on your controller. Click on "Internet Connection Settings."
- Choose the "Easy" option. Press "Scan" so the console can automatically find a wireless PS3 network connection for you.
- Make sure to click "Save" to save your settings. Now click on "Test" and your PS3 should work without having the DNS Linksys error sign pop up.
- If this does not work you can send in your eight-digit code to the PS3 knowledge center. The code appears with the DNS Linksys error. Go online to PS3 support and enter the code in the designated field. You will be given specific instructions based on your code.
- Check to see if your PS3 is connected to your router or modem by way of an Ethernet cable. Turn off your PS3 and unplug your modem and router from the console. make sure no lights on the device are still on. Wait at least five minutes and connect your router and modem back into your PS3. Power up your PS3 to see if there is an internet connection.
Solving a PS3 network connection can be difficult and sometimes you may have to send your product in for repair.