How To Fix A Rodana 15 Jewels Watch Swiss Made
Need to know how to fix a Rodana 15 jewels watch, Swiss made? That, of course, depends upon what is wrong with the watch in the first place. Most repairs should be diagnosed and made by a qualified watch maker. However, if the watch movement itself is no good, a person that is mechanically inclined, and has some watch making tools on hand could fix their Rodana 15 jewels Swiss made watch by replacing the movement. That is what will be assumed here for this article.
Tools needed to fix a Rodana 15 jewels Swiss made watch:
- Case knife
- Adjustable case wrench
- Screw drivers
- Pointy tweezers
- Pith wood
- Dial adhesive
- Hand press
- Hand remover
- Case back press
The process to fix a Rodana 15 jewels Swiss made watch might go as follows:
- Find replacement movement. Check with local watch makers and online sources and find a replacement movement. It may take some time to find the exact replacement movement, or you might find a similar movement which may work.
- Remove case back. Use the proper tool and remove the case back from the watch. It may need the adjustable case wrench, the case knife, or a proper fitting screw driver. Take care at this point not to wreck any case back gasket. If you do, it will need to be replaced also to retain any water resistance.
- Remove stem. Use either a screw driver or tweezers and remove stem from the movement. If there is a small screw holding the stem to the movement use the screw driver. If there is not look for a small lever, wriggle the crown and you should see it wriggle. This lever activates the detent which holds the stem in place. Use the pointy end of the tweezers to depress the lever and remove the crown.
- Remove movement ring. Use the tweezers an carefully remove the movement retaining ring.
- Remove the movement from the case. Carefully remove the movement from the watch case. Take care not to touch the inside of the crystal and leave a fingerprint. Set the movement upon a piece of pith wood.
- Remove hands. Use the hand remover and carefully remove the hands from the movement. Take great care not to damage the hands, they will be fragile. Sit them in a safe place while working on the rest of the watch.
- Remove dial. Carefully remove dial from the watch movement if it can be removed. If it is glued in place you will have to replace it with a new one. You might want to save the number from the source of the movement, just in case you need a dial also.
- Attach dial. Attach the dial to the new movement. If there is no tab to hold it in place use a small amount of dial adhesive and glue it in place.
- Attach hands to the movement. Using a hand press if you have one, or tweezers if you do not, very carefully replace the hands on the movement. Make sure to put them on in the correct order. The order should be hour, minute and second. Make sure they turn freely through a 24 hour rotation.
- Replace movement. Carefully replace the movement into the watch. Take care not to touch the inside of the crystal or you will have a fingerprint on it.
- Replace movement ring. Use the tweezers and replace the movement ring over the watch movement.
- Replace the stem. Use the correct method and replace the stem in the watch movement.
- Replace the watch case back. Use the case back press to replace the case back if it is press fit, use the adjustable case back wrench if it screws into the case of the watch, or use the screw driver to replace any retaining screws.
That is how you fix your Rodana 15 jewels Swiss made watch by replacing the movement. As you can see, fixing your Rodana 15 jewel Swiss made watch can be a very involved process. This is especially true if you do not know what exactly is wrong. In most cases it is better to take it to a watch maker. Good luck.