Do you want to know how to fix a side view mirror? Replacing a car side view mirror can be done easily and save you money providing you have the tools necessary to do the work. The tools needed to fix your side view mirror can be purchase at your local auto parts store and you can save on more money by purchasing your side view mirror on the Internet for less than the dealer cost or at the local junk yard. Remember to check your owners manual for the correct make , model and year before you purchase your car's side view mirror.
Things you'll need:
- Socket wrench
- Phillip screw driver
- Door panel tool
- New side view mirror
- Flat head screw driver
- On the inside of your car, remove the trim panel.
- Remove the trim panel by unscrewing the screws that are hidden in the recesses. Once you locate the hidden fasteners, the door will come off.
- Remove the insulation covering the side view mirror. Once the insulation is removed you will see three studs and nuts that is holding the mirror to your car door.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the three screws that are holding the mirror with your Phillip screw driver and sit the old mirror aside.
- Mount your new mirror in place and screw the three mounting screws back into the the door and the mirror until tight.
- Reconnect your connectors and check the make sure mirror is working before replacing the insulation.
- Replace the trim panel on the inside of your car door.
- Disconnect the battery cable to prevent accidental shock.
- If your car does not have a powered mirror you will not need to remove the inside door trim panel
- In removing the trim panel some screw are hidden behind the vanity caps.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”