Want to know how to fix sound on a computer? Listening to your favorite song on your computer or watching your favorite movie can be a pain with no sound. There are many things that can be wrong with your computer preventing sound from coming out. It'll only take a few trouble shoots to figure out how to fix the sound on your computer.
Check speaker connections. Go into your audio settings and check to see if your speaker sound is enabled. This can be checked using headphones. Simply connect headphones and listen for sound. Make sure the headphones you are using is an option in your settings
- Check volume control settings. Check the volume and mute settings in your volume control window if there is still no sound. To get to the volume control window, double click the speaker icon in the systems tray. You can also go through your start menu selecting the following Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Volume Control.
- Conduct a System Restore. If no changes were made on your computer and you have all of a sudden lost sound, then a System Restore would be a good option. Performing a System Restore is very simple, follow these steps in the order given. Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Follow the steps given by the wizard to complete the System Restore.
- Reinstall original drivers if step three step does not work. There is a possibility that your sound drive has become corrupted. Deleting the original driver will vary depending on the operating system you are using. The following are the steps using Windows XP operating system:
- Click on Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers
- In Device Manager click the sound device name, then press the delete key on the keyboard. A window will pop up, just click OK.
- Remove all sound devices in the list besides Audio Codec's and Legacy Audio Drivers.
- Restart your computer and reinstall the drivers using the Driver and application Recovery CD's in Window
- Download any updated sound driver software from the Internet using the instructions given.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.