Knowing how to fix your watch generally depends on what you did to break it. Whether you dropped your watch, got it wet or cracked the glass face, these problems require different methods and actions to be able to fix. Watches can be a bit complex and the best action is usually to just take it to a repair shop.
Things you'll need:
- New set of batteries
- Replacement watch strap
- Figure out what is wrong The first step is to figure out what is wrong with the watch. You can usually tell if there’s water damage or if the face is cracked. Shaking the watch will often tell you if there is a loose piece inside. If the watch simply stops ticking, chances are the batteries died.
- If your watch is wet If your watch gets wet and stops working, let it dry and see if it starts back up again. If it doesn’t, try changing the battery and see if that fixes the problem. If changing the battery doesn't fix the problem, chances are something fried inside the watch when it came into contact with the water. You’ll have to take it to a repair shop or simply buy a new watch.
- If your watch is cracked If the face of the watch is cracked, you have little choice but to take it to a repair shop unless you know how to change the glass face yourself. It’s not easy to do so and if you’re not well versed in how watches work, it's probably better in the long run to take into a shop.
- If your watch stops Change the battery. Watch batteries last awhile so it’s easy to forget they do need to be changed. Especially if you are like some of us who tend to be tough on their watches. This is the most common problem concerning watches. If you aren’t comfortable trying to change the battery on your own or if you're not sure what type of battery you need, just take your watch to a repair shop.
- If your strap is broken There are dozens of styles of watch straps–everything from leather, plastic and metal. Depending on how well-made your watch is, it can take a bit to break a watch strap. Once the strap does break, there’s not much you can do but have the strap replaced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?