How To Fix Your Relationship With Your Girlfriend
It once seemed that you had a wonderful relationship, but now for reasons known or unknown to you, you're asking yourself how to fix your relationship with your girlfriend. Relationships are filled with high points and unfortunately, low ones as well. And while the highs can be wonderful, it's those lows that have you wondering if fixing your relationship with your girlfriend is worth all the hassle. No one knows the answer to that better than you, and chances are she's asking the same about you.
- Revise your expectations. Before setting out to fix your relationship, ask yourself what it is that you expect to happen and if those expectations are realistic. Depending on the severity of the problems that need fixing, your relationship with your girlfriend may need to go through some hoops to get where you once were if that is at all possible.
- Be real. Be your authentic self whenever you interact with her. Honesty is always the best policy when it comes to a lasting relationship with your girlfriend. Let her know how you really feel about where things stand between the two of you and where you would like them to be. A shot of real, honest emotion will go a long way in mending what's broken about your relationship.
- Be honest to yourself. Before you can be completely honest with her, you must be honest with yourself. Are your actions the cause behind what's troubling your relationship? Is she the cause and you haven't really forgiven her yet? A shot of honesty will help to determine if you're even ready to go there and attempt to mend your relationship with your girlfriend.
- See her point of view. Of course this goes both ways, but we are talking about you here. There's nothing easier than seeing only one side of the picture. Open your ears and your mind to the idea of seeing your relationship from her perspective.
- Compromise. If either you or your girlfriend aren't much into being flexible, then it's past time to learn the fine art of compromise. When two people who are serious in fixing their relationship learn how to compromise, they learn that not every disagreement needs to end in a major altercation.
- Listen to what is being said. So maybe sometimes when she talks to you, part of it gets lost somewhere between her lips, your ears and what's going on with the PlayStation. By listening to what she has to say, you'll be showing that you value her, her opinions and interests.
- Let your actions do the talking. Nothing says that you want to fix your relationship with your girlfriend more than how you behave. While buying gifts is always a nice and thoughtful surprise, showing her that you want to repair your relationship is even better. Do your part in mending the rift by doing the things that she always accused you of ignoring. She'll notice your efforts and appreciate you for them.