Let's face it–traditional flirting is becoming a thing of the past and it's becoming more important to know how to flirt with a girl over text. Nearly everyone has a cell phone these days and many relationships begin to evolve through the use of text messages. On one hand, texting allows you to formulate your thoughts before you say them; on the other hand, you are unable to convey meaning through tone of voice, body language or a meaningful glance. This means that to successfully flirt with a girl, you need to become adept at the fine art of the flirty text.
- Don't succumb to the temptation to use abbreviations. Be a man, spring for the unlimited text plan and write your texts in longhand form. She will be impressed that you took the time and you know the difference between "you're" and "your," and "their", "they're" and "there." If you don't know the difference, look it up!
- Don't be afraid to respond right away or to wait. If you don't know how to answer a question, wait until you think of something. She can't see you, so she doesn't know what you're doing at the moment—you could be busy! You don't want to seem like you're waiting in front of your phone to hear from her, anyway. If you feel like you took it too far or you really were busy and you've made her wait too long, throw in a quick apology for the delay. If she's mad about your response time, you might as well prepare yourself for dealing with a high-maintenance girl.
- Use emoticons to convey tone. There are tons of them out there, with new ones being added all the time. Look them up and use them frequently, but not in every text. Too many can get annoying, but a strategically placed wink or smile can help relieve tension or let her know that you're joking or playfully teasing.
- If you really like the girl, beware of the drunk text! You may come across as silly, needy, irritating or stupid.
- Remember that flirting with a girl over text gives you the freedom to say things that you might not normally be able to say face-to-face, especially if you're kind of shy. However, be aware that you need to be able to keep up the rapport with a girl when you are on an actual date, so don't get ahead of yourself. Find a balance between what you think you'd actually have the balls to say to her face and what you'd like to say if you had more confidence.
- Don't break out the dirty texting too soon or too blatantly. It's best to wait until after you've already hooked up to pull it out so she doesn't think you're just looking for a booty call. You can still be sexy, just stay away from explicit language.
- Be funny! Ask almost any girl what she wants in a man and a sense of humor will be on her list. Light joking, funny observations or a short joke you heard make excellent flirty texts. This is not the forum for throwing in a backhanded comment! While it might lower her guard if you don't seem too interested in person, saying something negative in text will just hurt her feelings. Light teasing is fine, provided you've reached the point in the flirtation where she won't take offense.
Follow these guidelines and soon your friends will be asking you how to flirt with a girl over text!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.