How To Flirt With A Woman At Work
Knowing how to to flirt with a woman at work takes charm, patience and, above all, tact. The workplace is supposed to be a professional environment, so flirting can get you in hot water if you’re not careful.
- Use tact. Though office romances are quite common, the workplace is first and foremost for work. Any overtures you send while trying to flirt with a woman at work that are not well accepted or misconstrued as something sinister and offensive can get you in big trouble. In fact, they can get you fired. Get to know your co-worker first and get a feel for how receptive she is to light flirtations before you start playful banter.
- Keep it subtle. When you flirt with a woman at work, your other co-workers are going to notice and you run the risk of both you and her getting a reputation, especially if one of you is married. Don’t put her on the spot by flirting with her in front of her boss or in other situations where she might be uncomfortable or be worried about people starting to talk. Find private moments, perhaps in each other’s office, but with the door open.
- Give her a helping hand. Women are the same at work as they are outside the office in that they will respond best to men who are kind and thoughtful. Take the time to help her professionally, maybe give her good advice, lend an ear while she vents about her boss or let her in on some good inside information that can help her maneuver the politics of the office. Before you flirt with a woman at work, you have to make sure she trusts you and sees you as a confidant.
- Pace yourself. Flirting at work is a lot of fun—it’s a titillating diversion from the normal hum-drum workday. But don’t make a habit of flirting every day or by sending flirty emails every few minutes. It should feel like flirting is a break from work and not the other way around. Otherwise, you’ll end up wearing her out and she’ll have to push you away to focus on her job. To flirt with a woman at work, dole out the attention in amounts that will have her waiting for you to come back.
- Don’t go too far. You might be feeling very good about how you’re getting along with your work buddy, but when you flirt with a woman at work you have to know where to draw the line. If you go from frequent pleasantries and banter to grabbing her ice when she bends over at the water cooler, you could find yourself getting slapped. A woman is going to be more sensitive to flirtations at work than she is at the club.
Posted on: Sep. 09, 2010