How To Fly Helicopter
You can learn how to fly a helicopter but you will need training to complete the task. A helicopter is a very sophisticated piece of machinery so in order to fly one, most individuals will have to go through the simulated training before actually flying the helicopter. There is also a load of paperwork that must be completed, so get ready to learn how to fly helicopter.
Things you'll need:
- FAA Form 8710-1
- Helicopter Pilots License
- Helicopter Flight Checklist
- Access to Weather Information Systems
- Read helicopter publications and magazines to help you learn how to fly a helicopter. Study the information in the helicopter publications and magazines. Talk to and interview helicopter pilots and ask them how they learned how to fly a helicopter and take notes. Obtain helicopter instruction flying manuals from helicopter manufacturers to help you learn how to fly helicopters.
- Enroll into a helicopter training school to help you learn how to fly a helicopter. Fill-out and complete the application packet for helicopter training school and pay all the fees. Get to know your helicopter training instructor because he is going to teach you how to fly a helicopter and he will also be an excellent source for information about helicopters.
- Complete all your ground lessons in helicopter training school to help you learn how to fly a helicopter. Study for your flight lessons. Fly with your instructor a few times to learn how to do a preflight inspection and how to start the helicopter and take off and then learn how to fly at high and low altitudes and how to fly fast and slow and land the helicopter. Use the techniques you learned from the instructor and apply them while taking your practice flights.
- Keep your helicopter manual with you to help you learn how to fly a helicopter and complete all FAA requirements. Take the written part of the helicopters pilot test and the practical part administered by the FAA. Pass both test and submit an application to the FAA and you can receive you pilot’s license.