Learning how to fold a cloth napkin is a great way to add some flair to your next dinner party. When a napkin is folded nicely and placed on top of a plate or saucer, it makes the whole affair seem a bit more extravagant. It is a great way to show your dinner guests that you care and that you are willing to go that extra mile. So, the next time you are entertaining, consider taking this final step, and tryout this cloth napkin folding technique.
To learn how to fold cloth napkins you will need:
- Cloth Napkins
- Start with a clean and well-pressed cloth napkins. When you fold a cloth napkin, it needs to be both clean and free of wrinkles. Make sure you run an iron over each napkin before you begin folding. Also, each cloth napkin should be free of any unsightly stains.
- Fold the napkin in half. This should be done in a diagonal fashion, with each corner meeting the opposite corner. The napkin will now resemble a triangle.
- With the napkin on a flat surface, turn the napkin so the point is facing you, and the flat edge is opposite you. Grabbing each of the corners, fold them towards the center. You should now have a shape that resembles a square.
- Fold the bottom points on each side of the square in half. This will give you a triangle shape.
- Once again, fold the triangle in half. You do not need to create a firm crease. The cloth napkin should now be able to stand freely on its own. Place it on a plate to complete your place setting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …