How To Fold A Fitted Sheet
One of the most difficult tasks to learn in housekeeping is how to fold a fitted sheet correctly. Sometimes it seems that it is an impossible accomplishment, but there are tricks to use when folding a fitted sheet. Instead of that wrinkled pile of fabric sitting in your linen closet, there will be a neatly folded fitted sheet ready to use and it's also very impressive for anyone peeking into your linen closet. Follow these easy steps.
- Wash and dry the sheet. This will prevent mildew from forming in the folded sheet and help to keep it fresh.
- Place your hands in two of the corners of the fitted sheet. The rough seams should be turned outward.
- Fold the corner held in the left hand over the right corner. Hold both corners folded together with the right hand .
- While holding the two top folded corners, gather up one of the bottom corners in your left hand. Fold this corner over the right hand which is holding the top two corners.
- Gather the last corner at the bottom. You guessed it, fold this corner over the other three corners being held in the right hand. The finished seam should be on the top.
- Lay the sheet down on a flat surface. To prevent wrinkles make sure the sides are straight and smoothed.
- Fold each side of the sheet to the middle. The elastic should now be in the middle.
- Fold into thirds one last time. This should give you a perfectly folded fitted sheet to place in your linen closet.
The first time or two it might be easier if you have someone help you to place the corners on your hands and smooth the wrinkles out. Just a little bit of practice and this will be an easy task to accomplish. What an impression you will make if your Mom, girl/boy friend or just your nosey neighbor peeks into your closet expecting the worst. Sometimes it's the little things that make the best impressions.