Learning how to fold pants will depend on how you store them. If you have a closet, then folding pants requires a different form than if you wear to store them in your dresser. This article will walk you through two methods, one suitable for hanger/closet storing and the other for drawer/storage storing. Folding pants is a perfect way to keep them looking neat and saves room in the dresser. Dress pants require the most care in folding, as they are susceptible to wrinkling more so that denim or sweat pants. Follow these simple steps to keep your pants properly folded and looking their best.
- If hanging pants in a closet, step one is to fold the pants in half. To do this, place the pants on a flat and clean surface. Place the pants zipper down. Fold the pants over so the legs are together. Pull from the cuff, making sure they are aligned.
- With your hands on the cuff, pull the pants off the flat surface. Keep the cuffs of the pants even and slide your hand down the back end of the pant leg. At the crotch area, you will want to pull the rear outward at the seam.
- The pants should be straight and tight. At this point if you are going to hang them, place a hanger over the cuff and down to the mid-point of the pants. Fold the pants over the hangar and hang them up right away.
- If they are headed for the dresser, you will want to fold the pants in half. On a clean flat surface, press the pants down with your hands. Do this with a light brush over the legs of the pant.
- Now fold the legs of the pant up towards the top of the pant, folding the pant in half one more time, and then press lightly with the palm of your hand. Pick the pants up from the fold in the legs and place in the dresser.
- Folding your pants as soon as they come out of the dryer is your best practice. Leaving them in the dryer once they have dried, however, will cause wrinkling.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?