Learn about how to fold a paper heart and make handmade Valentine's Day cards for your sweetheart. It's easy to fold a paper heart with directions.
To fold a paper heart, you will need:
- 8-1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper
- Set the paper on a flat surface. Fold the top right corner to meet with the left edge of the paper. Now fold the paper so the left corner meets the right edge of the paper.
- Unfold the paper. When the paper is unfolded, the paper will have an X shape folded on the top portion of the paper. The bottom one-third of the paper will be flat with no folds.
- Fold the paper in half where the X meets. Unfold the paper. The paper will now have a crease in the middle of the X so the folds all look like a star.
- Fold the paper at the center crease. Push the sides of the paper inward so the paper forms a triangle with the point at the top.
- Fold the right point corner at the bottom up to the top. Then fold the left point corner at the bottom to the top. These two folds will make the paper have a diamond shape.
- Fold the bottom part of the paper on the right side in toward the middle. Keep the edges lined up with the middle edge of the paper heart. Then fold in the bottom left side of the paper lining up those edges. This will resemble a tall tree-like shape with a point on top.
- Move the paper by flipping it so the flat side is facing up. Fold the bottom portion of the paper up 1-1/2 inches. Crease the paper. Fold the top part of the paper shaped like a triangle down. Crease the paper using the crease that was folded before.
- Fold the right bottom corner of the paper in toward the middle. This will create a triangle that lines up with the paper in the center at the bottom. The point will face up toward the opposite side. Fold the left bottom corner in the same way. Tuck these two points in to the larger triangle to secure them.
- Fold in the right top point of the triangle onto itself. This is where the top of the heart shape is formed. Do the same for the left side. Fold the bottom edges of the tips in and tuck them under the larger triangle to secure them. The folded paper will now resemble a paper heart shape. The paper heart will look better from the other side, so decorate it as you see fit. Or use a sheet of paper that you've written a love letter on to fold a paper heart.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.