How To Fold A Pocket Handkerchief
Any man interested in adding a little flare to his suit should know how to fold a pocket handkerchief. Lately, the pocket handkerchief trend has been a simple one-point square fold. There are many different ways to fold a pocket handkerchief and to fold them, you will need the same things:
- A pocket handkerchief
- A suit pocket
Many men prefer a simple and easy fold, like the one-point square fold.
- Take your handkerchief and lay it on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond.
- Keeping the handkerchief on an angle, fold the bottom part in half so it touches the top. Now the handkerchief should look like a pyramid.
- Take the left side of the pyramid-shaped handkerchief and fold it to the middle of the pyramid, right under the top point of it.
- Repeat this step on the right side. Take the right side of the handkerchief and bring it to the middle so it overlaps the left side.
- Now take the folded handkerchief, flip it over to where the folds are not shown and tuck it in the suit pocket.
Some gentlemen prefer something with a little more character to it. The two-point square fold is a little harder, but is more eye catching.
- Take the handkerchief and place it on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond.
- Fold the bottom half of the handkerchief up onto the top half. Fold it on an angle so the two points of the diamond are beside each other, not on top of each other.
- Fold the left side of the handkerchief into the middle, under the two top points of the handkerchief.
- Fold the right side of the handkerchief over the left one, so it overlaps.
- Flip the handkerchief over so the folds don't show and put it in a suit pocket.
There are many ways of folding a pocket handkerchief for a suit. The two aforementioned folds are just the beginning of what seems to be a folding art form. Experiment with different folds and find which ones suit you.