How To Fold A Shirt
Rolling shirts into a ball works for some, but learning how to fold a shirt properly is easy and a space saver. It will actually help you look like you clean up occasionally, in addition to saving room in the closet or drawer. The process is simple and takes a short time. You no longer have to wonder how the store clerks do it. All that’s next is putting the shirt away.
To fold a shirt you’ll need:
- A shirt
- A flat surface
- Place shirt on a flat surface face down. The collar faces away from you.
- Make sure the shirt is as wrinkle free as possible. This will make it easier to fold. If you don’t feel like ironing, smooth wrinkles out with your hand. Make sure the bottom is not curled up.
- Fold right side of the shirt vertically. Stop the sleeve 1 inch from the left corner of the collar. It is okay to estimate it. Rub down the fold to help it lay flat.
- Fold the left side vertically over the right side. Stop the sleeve 2 inches from the right fold. Smooth the left side of the shirt down.
- Hold the bottom of the shirt on both sides. Fold the shirt horizontally. The bottom of the shirt ends right under the seam of the collar.
- Flip the shirt over holding both sides. Stack them on top of one another and put away. Fold one at a time and put it away before folding another if you prefer.