Kids are ready to start learning how to fold a T-shirt by the time they are five years old. Folding T-shirts is the first step to learning how to do all the laundry on their own. You need to learn how to take care of yourself, which includes doing your own and even someone else's laundry. If you do learn to take care of yourself, you will not have to rely on anyone else when you are grown.
In order to fold a T-shirt, you will need:
- clean T-shirts
- your body; in particular, your hands and chest
Learn the following steps to be able to fold your own T-shirts.
- Pick up one T-shirt. Make sure it is turned right side out. You can tell by looking to see of the seams are showing. If they are, they you need to switch it over.
- Hold the T-shirt by its shoulders. Hold one shoulder in each hand. Shake it once or twice to get it hanging as flat as possible from your hands.
- Match the shoulder points together. This folds the T-shirt in half. Once the shoulders are together, hold both of them in one hand.
- With your other hand, take hold of the neckline of the T-shirt. Stick one finger in the neckline where it is folded to pull it out straight. Move the other hand down to the hem of the sleeves.
- Hold the T-shirt flat against your chest. Hold it in place with the hand holding the neckline. Fold the sleeves over on top of the body of the tee and smooth them out flat against it.
- Move the sleeve hand about half way down the shirt. Hold the sleeves in place with your thumb. This will keep them from moving during the next step.
- Fold the top half over the bottom and your hand. Once the T-shirt is folded there, you can pull your hand out of the middle. The neck should be even with the bottom hem.
- Roll the T-shirt down. Roll it all the way down from the fold to the bottom. Rolling it up takes less space in the dresser drawer. This T-shirt is now folded. Lay it to the side.
- Go back to step one. Repeat steps one to eight until all of the T-shirts are folded. Stack them together in one stack. Once they are all folded, take them to the dresser and put them away.
Clothes can be downright mystifying for some guys. Even the casual "t-shirt and jeans" type can run into wardrobe woes. ...
It really works.
What do you get when you take something good, put it on top of something good, and put something good in its hand? In t ...