How To Fold A Towel
Do you know how to fold a towel? There is a proper way to fold the towels we use. In the past, it was considered your trademark to fold towels a certain way. In modern times, people are busier and often bath towels are placed in the linen closet without much thought. If you fold your towels properly, it not only neatens the area they stay in, but it helps organize your home.
Things you will need to fold a towel:
- A freshly washed towel
- Pick up the towel. When you pick up and look at the towel before you fold it, you will notice it has an rectangular shape with two long and two short sides.
- Hold the towel by one end. If you want to fold a towel, hold the towel by one end of the short sides. Hang the towel in front of you. You can also lay the towel on a flat surface as you fold it. Either way will produce the results you desire, but laying the towel on a flat surface makes the process easier.
- Fold at the middle. Fold the towel at the middle. Match the ends neatly. This doubles the towel over and onto itself as you fold it.
- Double the fold. The next step to fold a towel is to double the existing fold. Take the long side and fold the towel onto itself.
- Make one more fold. This is an optional step, but if you want to fold a towel into a smaller piece, make one more fold. Take the towels to your linen cabinet and lay them on top of each other in a small stack. Make stacks of towels that are the same size in order to organize the cabinet. This also makes it easier to find a bath towel when you need one.