Learning how to format a Sprint ringtone can be a little bit of a challenge. Unlike a lot of carriers and phones, they do not let you use an mp3 as a ringtone so you can’t simply download a song to your phone and set it as a ringtone. Ringtones for Sprint have to be in a format called QCP. The following steps will assist you in creating a customer ringtone in the correct format for your Sprint phone.
- Download a song you have purchased or rip one from a cd that you own.
- You will now more then likely need to convert this from the format it was saved in (usually mp3) to a wave file. You can convert this for free using Media-Convert on the web. Another option is to use Audacity, which is a free, open-source sound editor. Save the converted wav file to your computer.
- Open the saved wav file in Microsoft Sound Recorder. All computers with Windows will have this program. Using Sound Recorder cut the wav file down to 30 seconds. You need to do this because ringtones cannot be longer then 30 seconds. Save the new wav file to your computer.
- Now you need to convert the 30-second wav file of your song to the QCP format needed by Sprint. This can be done on the Media-Convert website. Save the converted QCP file to your computer.
- Now the QCP file needs to be transferred to your phone. This can be accomplished in two different ways. If you have a micro sd card in the phone, you can save the file to the micro sd card using your computer. If you don’t have a micro sd card then you will need to send the QCP file to the phone via a text message. This can be done on the web at Mobile Phone Uploader. When using the mobile uploader, you will need to put the recipient as your ten digit pcs firstname.lastname@example.org (ex. email@example.com). Once you receive the text message, you will need to download the file at the link provided in the text message. Once you have the file on your phone you can assign it as a ringtone just like any other ringtone.
As you can see, there are many steps involved in creating ringtones for Sprint. However, after creating a few, you will be flying along making and enjoying great new customized ringtones for your Sprint phone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.