How To Formatt A Memory Card For The Nokia 6085
Learning how to formatt a memory card for the Nokia 6085 is a crucial step when purchasing a new memory card. Memory cards typically come unformatted, those which come formatted should still be formatted before being used in the Nokia 6085. The process to format the memory card for the Nokia 6085 is fairly simple and can be done directly on the Nokia 6085 with nothing further needed. Memory cards for the Nokia 6085 can be purchased at all major electronics retailers and online.
- Power on the Nokia 6085. Allow the phone to boot completely and load the home screen.
- Insert the memory card. Insert the memory card into the Nokia 6085 (if it is not already).
- Open the menu. Open the menu on the Nokia 6085 by pressing the "Menu" key.
- Navigate to the gallery. Highlight "Gallery" and press "OK".
- Select the options menu. Press the soft-key under the text "Options" on-screen to open the "Options" menu.
- Format the memory card. Highlight "Format mem. card" and press "OK". The memory card will begin to format, the process may take several minutes depending on the size of the memory card. Do not turn off the phone, eject the memory card or press any buttons during the formatting process. If the format process does not complete, repeat from step one to format a memory card for the Nokia 6085.
- The Nokia 6085 uses MicroSD memory cards, supporting a maximum of 2GB.
- MicroSD memory cards can be formatted using a computer with a MicroSD to SD converter or MicroSD USB card Reader.
- The memory card on the Nokia 6085 can store all types of media including music, videos and pictures.
- Memory cards which fail to format multiple times on the Nokia 6085 may be defective.
- When a memory card fails to format on the Nokia 6085, attempting a format from a computer may be an effective solution.