How To Forward Outlook Mail
Need to know how to forward Outlook mail? There are a few different ways to forward Outlook mail depending on what you need to accomplish. You have the option to simply forward one email or to forward all of your Outlook mail to another address. To forward one piece of Outlook mail, open the message and click on the “Forward” button in the toolbar. This will open a new window to forward the message. Now type in the address and click send. To automatically forward all Outlook mail to another address, follow the steps below. Before you begin, add the address you want to use to forward Outlook mail to your address book as a contact.
- Start creating the rule. Make sure you are in the "Mail" portion of Outlook, and click on the "Tools" menu. Then, select “Rules and Alerts.” Now click “New Rule.”
- Start with a new blank rule. You will need to select "Check messages when they arrive" under "Start from a blank rule" and then click “Next.”
- Select the conditions for which mail the rule will apply to. Check the box next to "Where my name is in the To or CC box," and then click “Next.”
- Tell Outlook what to do with the message. Now check the box next to "Forward it to people or a distribution list." After you have selected that option, you will need to set a value for it.
- Set the value for the rule. Click on the "People or distribution list" link in the step two box. Now find the name and address you want to forward Outlook mail to, click on the name and click on the “To” button at the bottom, and then click “OK.” Now click “Next” twice.
- Finish the rule setup. You will need to specify a name for the rule. If you want to forward messages already in your Inbox, check the box next to "Run this rule now on messages already in your Inbox," and then click “Finish.”
You have now created a rule to forward Outlook mail. The rule will leave a copy of the message in Outlook, but you will also be able to view the messages in the email from the rule forward.