Learning how to gain weight fast for guys will help those who are looking to bulk up before a camping trip or just wish to be heavier. The process of gaining weight for guys is the exact opposite of losing weight; instead of counting the number of calories burned or used in excess of the number of calories consumed daily, where the goal is a “calorie deficit,” the goal in gaining weight is to have an excess or surplus of unused calories that will be stored in the body as fat. Additionally, gaining muscle mass will cause the overall body weight to increase, but is a slower process than gaining excess body fat.
You will need:
- Food and Exercise Journal
- Workout/Weight-Training Routine
- Count calories to gain weight, just as you would for losing weight. You need to be aware of the amount of calories your body uses up daily, without doing any exercise. Use a free calculator online to calculate the daily caloric needs of your body based on your age, weight, height, and activity level. You also need to record the amount of calories burned in each exercise session and keep a daily food journal to monitor calories consumed.
- If you regularly workout and want to gain weight fast, the best method is to stop the daily workout sessions and increase calories consumed. Calories consumed do not have to be all fatty or unhealthy foods, however, they can come from complex carbohydrates and protein sources. Calories consumed that total above the daily caloric needs of the body will be stored as fat.
- Increase daily calories consumed by 500, such as by adding slightly more to each meal than you usually would. This will result in an excess of 3500 calories a week, or about one extra pound provided the workouts have been cut. For two pounds per week, increase calories by 1000 per day.
The healthiest way to gain weight for guys is to build muscle mass. Muscle is more compact and dense than fat, so even though a pound is still a pound, a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. Gaining excess body fat can increase risks of weight-related health conditions such as heart disease and diabetes.
To build muscle, consider investing in a structured workout program designed to build muscle fast, such as the popular P90X or ChaLEAN Extreme programs, both produced by the company Beachbody LLC. These programs teach two ways to build lean muscle fast.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.