How To Get A Better Business Bureau Membership
Knwoing how to get a Better Business Bureau membership depends on the reasons for wanting a membership. Businesses may apply to be accredited through the Better Business Bureau. Once the application is reviewed, the business may receive accreditation and membership with the Better Business Bureau, assuming the business meets minimum standards. Follow the steps below to get a Better Business Bureau membership.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau website and select the country in which the business resides. The options are between the United States and Canada. The visitor is then asked to enter their zip code or postal code to find their nearest Better Business Bureau location.
- On the main home page, there is a box in the upper right half of the screen saying "Better Business Bureau" and "Start With Trust." Under that box there is another smaller box that has three sections. The middle section is for businesses. Click on the link that says "BBB for Businesses."
- On the "For Businesses" page, there is a set of links on the left side under the title "About BBB Accreditation." The first link is for applying to the Better Business Bureau. Click the link that says "Apply for BBB Accreditation."
- If you did not enter your zip or postal code, the application will not be the next page that comes up. If you did enter your zip or postal code, you will come to the page titled "Apply for BBB Accreditation." Simply complete the application and submit for review.
- Once the application has been reviewed, if the business meets the standards for Better Business Bureau membership and accreditation, the company will be informed of their new status and membership. If there is a problem, the Better Business Bureau will contact the applicant, inform them of the problem, and they may reapply after correcting it.