How To Get A Better Sex Drive
If you are experiencing reduced libido, you might be wondering how to get a better sex drive. The factors that could be contributing to your lowered desire are many, and some are more easily dealt with than others. If your decreased libido is due to environment or stress, a correction could be fairly simple. If it is related to a problem with your overall health, reversal might prove more complicated.
To make an initial diagnosis into the causes of your lowered sex drive, think about these questions:
- Are you overly tired, stressed, upset or anxious?
- Has something changed recently in your life that caused increased stress?
- Do you feel like you are "in a rut" with your love life or your partner?
- Are you suffering any additional symptoms that could be related to your lowered sex drive?
Depending upon the answers to these questions, there are several steps you can take to help increase your sex drive.
- Be sure you are in good health overall. A quick trip to the doctor for that long-delayed physical can determine if you are sick, fatigued, overly anxious or overly stressed. Any of these factors can put a hefty dent in your desire to have sex. A trip to the doctor can also ensure that you are not suffering from any other health conditions that could affect your sex drive. If you are taking certain medications, such as antidepressants, this could also affect your overall desire for sex.
- Give it some time. If you've recently moved, changed jobs or experienced another stressful event, you might just need a week or two to recover before your sex drive roars back into action.
- Mix it up a little. If you feel like you're in a rut, try moving your sexual adventures to a new place. Rent a hotel room for the night, or park the car in a remote location and make out like teenagers. Any modification to the usual routine can add just the spice of excitement you need to get your libido back in action.
Many herbal remedies and other approaches promise an instantly improved sex drive. While some of these do work, it is important to know that they can also interact with existing medication or other conditions. Before using any herbal supplements or other remedies, be sure to check with your doctor to avoid possible problems.