What guy doesn't want to know how to get bigger shoulder and back muscles? Getting bigger shoulder and back muscles is something every guy wants. They are two of the biggest muscle features women look for in a guy, and sculpting them takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Here are the essential exercises.
- Front lateral raise. The lateral raise is an awesome exercise for getting bigger shoulder and back muscles. To do it, stand with your feet shoulder width apart with slightly bent knees and two dumbbells placed at your thighs. Lift the weights parallel to the ground in a smooth and slow motion. Going too fast, or swinging, will not benefit your muscles and could lead to injury. Doing three sets of eight to ten repetitions with proper form is a great way to get bigger shoulder and back muscles.
- Side lateral raise. Just like its cousin the lateral raise, the side raise is great for developing the shoulder and back muscles. To do it, do just as you would the lateral raise, except this time you're lifting the weight to your sides in a smooth, controlled motion. You should look like a bird trying to fly when doing a side lateral raise.
- Shoulder Press. Also called the military press, shoulder presses are a good exercise for bigger shoulder and back muscles. Have your feet shoulder width apart and lift the weights over your head until your elbows are just slightly bent. Slowly lower the weight back to chest level and lift again. You can be seated or standing depending on your preference. Aiming for three sets of eight to fifteen reps will get you the bigger shoulder and back muscles you crave.
- Dead lift. The king of exercises, the dead lift is an essential workout for larger shoulder and back muscles. Place one barbell or two dumbbells on the ground, and stand with your knees slightly more than shoulder width apart. Your goal is to bend down, pick up the weight, and then stand with your back straight while holding the weight at your thigh level. It's extremely important when lifting the weight off of the ground to make your legs do the lifting. Bend your knees as much as possible in order to prevent tearing a back muscle. If your back is arched at any point during the dead lift, you're lifting too much weight, seriously risking injury. With this exercise, it's extremely important to use proper form. You might even need to wear weight lifting gloves if using a barbell, as pulling the weight up can callus the hands. If performed correctly, it's one of the best exercises you can do for bigger shoulder and back muscles.
- Lateral pull down. To do a lateral pull down, you need a pulley machine and a wide grip handle bar. Sit down on the seat with your arms grabbing the bar slightly more than shoulder width apart and your elbows slightly bent. If your elbows are straight and not bent when grabbing the bar, you need to adjust the seat higher. Grab the bar, and pull the weight down in a smooth, controlled motion until the bar slightly touches the upper part of your chest. Then, slowly bring the bar back up. Like most other weight exercises, aiming for three sets of eight to fifteen reps is a great way to get bigger chest and shoulder muscles.
- Pull up. Like the dead lift, the pull up is an essential exercise for building bigger shoulder and back muscles. To do it, stand underneath a bar with your arms shoulder width apart, elbows slightly bent. Your hands can be placed as an over hand or under hand grip, which could also be called a chin up. Once you're ready, pull yourself up until your chin slightly clears the bar, and slowly return your body back to the floor. Do three sets of as many reps as possible. As the pull up is a more advanced exercise, it's difficult for many people to perform eight to fifteen reps. However, do as many as you can. Giving a full out effort will lead to bigger shoulder and back muscles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.