Recently hurt yourself during a sporting event and need to know how to get blood out of clothes? If you’ve had a tough time getting blood stains out of clothes in the past, don’t panic and run to the dry cleaner. It’s easy to get blood out of clothes using a few simple stain removers that you probably already have around the house.
To eliminate blood stains from your clothing you will need the following items:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- A basin
- Cold water
- Paper towel
- Laundry detergent
- Attack the stain while it’s fresh. Don’t wait for blood to dry into the weave of the fabric. If there is a lot of blood on the item, immediately begin dabbing (do not rub, this will spread the stain) the stain with a paper towel to stop the stain from sinking deeper into the fabric. The longer the blood sets, the harder it will be to remove.
- Cold water soak. If you can take the item of clothing off, do so immediately and soak the bloody area in a basin or sink filled with cold water. If you cannot take the item off soak the area with the blood in cold water if possible.
- Hydrogen peroxide. After the blood stain has been soaked in cold water for a few minutes, pour a little household strength hydrogen peroxide on the stain. Make sure to test an area of your clothing item in an inconspicuous spot first to make sure the color of the fabric will not fade or run. The peroxide will bubble and the blood stain should rise to the top of the bubbles. Gently dab the area with a clean paper towel to remove the blood.
- Wash with detergent. Wash the item in cold water with a mild detergent. Some people prefer using a laundry detergent made specifically for clothing with protein stains, but any standard laundry detergent you have is fine.
- Inspect the stain. Check the item to see if the blood stain has been completely removed. If there are still any traces of blood, wash the item a second time. Do not dry the item until the stain is completely removed. High heat from the dryer will set the stain and make it impossible to remove.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.