How To Get BLS Cpr Certification
In just a short amount of time, you can learn how to get BLS CPR certification. The American Heart Association and the American Red Cross conduct this course for healthcare providers. You can take the course at your own pace while you take the test at an approved site.
- Decide which BLS CPR course you want to take. You can either take the adult CPR course or the adult and child CPR course. Choose the adult CPR course if most of the patients you deal with on a day-to-day basis are adults.
- Register for the BLS CPR course. A fee is required for either one of these courses. You can also take both courses if you prefer. A credit card may also be required to make a payment.
- Take the necessary courses. Each course takes 45 to 60 minutes to complete. The courses break up into different lessons which can range from two to four lessons. Read the entire course before moving onto the exam unless you are already familiar with the material.
- Study before moving onto the exam. Study any material that you have trouble with. Use only the material in your courses to study for the BLS CPR certification exam.
- Take the exam. You may have to take the exam in two parts: one online exam and one onsite exam with an American Heart Association instructor. You need to pass both in order to receive your certification.
- Choose which type of BLS CPR certification you want. You only have this option if you pass both of the exams. Your choices include a wall certificate or a certification wallet card.