Learn how to get candle wax off tile floors. Unfortunately, clearing tile floors of candle wax could be a little difficult to figure out since candle wax isn't your everyday substance. Removing candle wax from tile floors is as easy as 1-2-3. Just follow these great steps to get started.
Things you will need:
- An old credit card
- A blow dryer
- Trash can
- Check out the tile floor before starting work. There may be more than one spot on the tile floor; some spots could be as small as dime and smaller. Get a sense of how large a job you have to do.
- Plug the blow dryer in and set it to high heat. The blow dry setting should be set to high heat for faster results. Cold air will not work. The heat has to be high enough to have an effect on the candle wax.
- Begin blow drying the areas(s) that are stained with candle wax. Blow drying the surface will heat the candle wax up to make it easier to scrape off the tile floor. Loosening the candle wax on the tile floor will make things easier for you and prevent the tile floor from getting scratched. Candle wax becomes more liquid when it heats up, so be careful not to heat it up too much. It should be hot enough to the point where the wax is moveable, but not liquid.
- Pick up the candle wax with the credit card. Once the candle wax is loosened up enough, then begin scraping it up with the old credit card. The candle wax should come up easily. If not, then you should repeat step 2. Do not scrape the tile floor too hard with the credit card or it will cause scratches.
- Dump the candle wax residue in the trash can. Do not lay the candle wax anywhere else. Leaving the wax on another surface or on the credit card, could result in the same issue once the wax dries up again. Please note that if the candle wax is still hot, it could possibly burn a hole in very thin plastic. A tough plastic should be fine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.