How To Get Cat Urine Smell Out Of Carpet
Need to know how to get the cat urine smell out of carpet? The smell of cat urine is not only gross, it can be hard to get out of your carpet if you do not know what to use. There are many things you can do and products you can use, however. With these tips you should successfully be able to get rid of that cat urine smell in your carpet.
To get a cat urine smell out of carpet, you will need:
- Commercial rug cleaner
- Baking soda
- Dish detergent
- A strong brush
- A vacuum
- An enzyme cleaner
- Clean up after your cat. If your cat pees on the floor, then scrub it immediately, the sooner the better. Also, clean the litter box frequently. This will also help get rid of the cat urine smell in the carpet.
- Vinegar is a great tool to get rid of the smell of cat urine. You can place it in a spray bottle with half water and half vinegar and saturate the area. Then either dab or scrub the carpet clean. You want to be sure the cat doesn’t pee there again.
- Use a rug cleaner. Rug cleaners are a good way to clean the entire area if you are not sure where the cat is urinating. You can purchase or rent them and use one as a solution for getting the floor clean.
- Mix a solution of baking soda, peroxide and dish washing detergent and spray it on the area. Use a brush to work it into the fibers of the carpet. Allow it to dry and vacuum when done.
- Try commercial products with "oxy" on the label. You want to find something that has peroxide in it, and avoid ammonia. Spray and soak as directed on the bottle.
- Try an enzyme cleaner. You can find these online or in certain pet shops. Since urine is natural, you want something that will clean it and eat away at the cat urine in the carpet.