How To Get A Cell Phone With Bad Credit
If you need to know how to get a cell phone with bad credit, you'll find the answer here. Cell phones are no longer a luxury, they are a necessity. With fewer and fewer pay phones out on the road, the cell phone is a must in case of an emergency. Furthermore, a cell phone adds a level of security for you during your travels. Bad credit can hinder you in many ways, but getting a cell phone shouldn't be one of those ways. Take heart, there are several ways to get a cell phone when you have bad credit.
- Pre paid phones do not require you to have a good credit score. Most cellular carriers require you to have fairly decent credit, and no outstanding unpaid balances with other carriers. But you can avoid that with a pre-paid phone. Pay up front for your phone and service. then "refill" your minutes as needed. You can refill online, by phone, or in the store.
- Put a deposit down. Though you have bad credit, some carriers will simply require a deposit to be paid, in addition to the price of the phone. It may not be fun, but you will be able to get a phone.
- Pay up front for service. Depending on your credit, you may be required to pay one month in advance.
- Business owners have a higher approval rate. Use your tax id number instead of your social security number. Set up your service in your business name. If your business has no credit, you may be required to put a small deposit down.
- Don't let a rejection keep you from applying later. You don't want to apply back-to-back, wait at least six months unless your credit has changed dramatically.
One last note, refrain from getting your service in your friend or relatives name. This can lead to disaster!