If you need to know how to get rid of acne fast, you may want to make sure you understand what fast means. Breakouts take weeks to cure, although some treatments may get rid of pimples in a hurry. Pimples are caused by clogged pores on the face and in the body.
To Get Rid of Acne Quickly You Will Need:
- Topical antibiotics
- Benzoyl Peroxide or a similar treatment
- Clean facial towels
- Gentle soap
- Clean your face thoroughly at least twice a day. Use the gentle soap to keep the unclogged pores free and clean of dirt. Make sure any makeup on your face is removed—most guys non-Goth males do not need to worry about this.
- Apply the topical antibiotic to your face. Do this carefully and try not to use any products that have an alcohol-base as it can dry out the skin and cause different acne problems, especially for people with oily skin. If excessive dryness becomes a problem, use a moisturizer on your face to keep the balance in the skin.
- Use the benzoyl peroxide or acne cream on the affected area. Rub it in thoroughly. The cream gets rid of visible acne in several weeks. In extreme cases, applying heat to the affected area can cause the size of the pimple to shrink quickly.
- Do not overuse the products. Overuse of anti-acne medication does not help a person get rid of acne quickly. Overuse of such medication results in more severe breakouts.
Acne is most common in the teenage years, but adults suffer from the problem as well. If a severe outbreak occurs, a person may need to see a dermatologist to find a solution.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.