How To Get Corporate Sponsors
If you've got room for advertisement, then you might want to know how to get corporate sponsors. These types of financial supporters (corporate sponsors), will give you monetary supplies in exchange for promotion of their name. Whether they be shoe companies, media conglomerates, or plane manufacturers, everyone can use a little advertisement. Hence, corporate sponsors have emerged to fill that need.
- Find your niche. In other words, find out what will get corporate sponsors to back you. Audiences aren't necessarily interested in every product pitched to them, so understand what company you want to attract to your audience.
- Search for relevant business. Corporate sponsors want to be relevant to your audience. If you run a tire shop and want to sell ad space to a fashion store, it either won't work out or will generate minimal interest from the company.
- Send out letters. Whether it's a formal letter, a phone call, or even talking to a connection in the company, get the word out about your advertising availability. You won't get corporate sponsors by sitting around: you come to them (not the other way around). Inform them of the venue, where their name will be placed, how many people will attend (or see the ad), and your contact information. Bullet point the major information for quick reading, just in case the corporation you are seeking doesn't have that much time.
- Keep them updated. One letter or call won't just do it for most people. Companies are busy, very busy. Making money full-time doesn't exactly provide all the time in the world to read potential sponsorships. Your potential corporate sponsors should be kept in the loop about what your organization/event/shop is doing to better promote sponsorships.
- Send gratitude. After corporate sponsors have already invested their hard-earned money into your start-up, it is most prudent to thank them. Who knows? These people might choose to host you once more.
While it isn't always easy to get corporate sponsors, but well worth the wait. Those who invest money in your product will expect results, so it is best to give it to them through excellent service, supple advertisements, and (most of all) extra revenue.