How To Get Dates Easily
It never hurts to take a little refresher course on how to get a date easily. It can be very difficult find someone to date so follow some of these pointers and you should have no problem getting dates easily.
- Get involved in the dating world. Let your friends know you are looking for someone to date; they can set you up with singles they know. There are also lots of places you can go to find a date as well; bars, clubs and even mixers. If you are a spiritual person, then churches are a great place to meet like-minded people. Churches usually have singles seminars church can be a great way to meet someone to date, but only use church as an option if your intentions are honest.
- Stay well groomed. Your personal style may not be suit and tie, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Your goal should be to always dress presentably and be well groomed. If you are trying to get a date your clothes should be clean and neat, this means no wrinkles and it can’t hurt to crease your pants. Your hair should be neat and your facial hair well groomed. Present the best package possible because it doesn’t matter how nice you may be, no one is going to want to date you if you are sloppy. And no matter what, always smell good, invest in
- Don’t discuss controversial topics negatively. There are thousands of possible topics to discuss with people, and yet somehow controversial topics like politics and religion always seem to come up. We are taught to leave these topics out of discussion; however, there is nothing wrong with discussing them as long as it is done tastefully. If while engaging a potential date in conversation they bring up something controversial, give your honest opinion without being too radical.
- Show your friendly side. You don’t have to pretend to be nice, but when you are trying to get a date you should be friendly to everyone. People are more susceptible to friendliness so if someone sees you being nice, they will be more inclined to express interest in you.
- Stay true to who you really are. If you manage to find a date by pretending to be someone you are not, you aren’t likely to see the relationship go anywhere. Be yourself when you are trying to get a date. It’s easier than pretending to be someone else because you are just being natural. Besides, it will be pretty hard to keep up your lie when things become serious with the person.
- Mind your P’s and Q’s. You may be the type of person who burps, farts and picks their nose no matter who is around. If so, you need to leave those habits at home. If you are trying to get a date with someone it is unlikely that they will appreciate any of those things.
Posted on: Jul. 16, 2010