How To Get Dreadlocks
Dreadlocks are a fashion statement that is pretty unique and if you want to get some you might want to learn about how to get dreadlocks. It's not as if you simply decide to go to a salon to get them (at least not without spending a fortune), so you need to know how to get dreadlocks yourself. Here is some information on how to grow your own dreadlocks.
To grow dreadlocks you will need:
- Long hair
- A friend
- Dread comb
- Backcombing method. Backcombing is a method that you'll need a friend to help you with. This method is fast but not instant. It will take a few months for your dreads to mature fully.
- Section off. You will first need a friend to help you section off the hair into squared areas on the scalp. One and two inch squares are pretty common sizes that work for many people. If you want large dreads you need large sections and smaller sections are perfect for those that want tighter and smaller dreadlocks. These squared sections can stay in place by using rubber bands. Anything will work as long as it keeps the hair secure.
- Comb. With the dreadcomb, the hair is combed backwards or opposite towards the scalp. This is done often enough that the hair will start to gather near the root area of the scalp and hair. You repeat this process working outwards towards the end of the hair until you see the dreads start to form. A friend can do this more easily than trying to do it yourself. They will be better able to manuever around your head better.
- More rubber bands. You can keep the rubber bands in place at the roots and use another rubber band to put onto the end of the dreadlock at the end of the section of hair. These do not have to stay on permanently; just until the dreadlock is fully formed or "mature" as some might call it.
- Dread Wax. Dread Wax is now used on the dreads to tame those wild hairs that might be loose. You may want to get a brand that is low on petroleum or doesn't have any at all.
Now you know how to get dreadlocks. You can choose this method for dreads that will mature in three to four months and are affordable to get.