How To Get A Fishing License In Georgia
People who like outdoor activities in the South may wonder how to get a fishing license in Georgia. The Peach State has the perfect weather for various fishing trips. Obtaining a fishing license in Georgia can be confusing without help, but it is not hard. Getting a fishing license has become easier because of the internet. Continue reading to find out how to get a fishing license in Georgia online.
To get a Georgia fishing license, you will need:
- Driver’s license
- Computer with internet access
- Credit or debit card
- Find required documents. Begin by acquiring the paperwork you need. Required items include a driver’s license as proof of residence.
- Contact the Nature Department. Continue by accessing the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) website. Use a computer with internet capabilities and open a web browser. Enter or search for the state of Georgia DNR website.
- Find fish. Look for the fishing section of the DNR site. Click on the option labeled "Recreational License," then "Fishing License Information." Select the pay online option that opens a new window.
- Start process. Going through all screens is the next step in how to get a fishing license in Georgia. Select your residence status before entering your date of birth and driver’s license information.
- Resume application. Continue by selecting the type of permit and pay the fees. Remember that a convenience fee will be added to the price of your order.
- Retrieve the document. Turn on your printer and select the print command. The document printed is your actual fishing license. Remember to take it with you.
- You will not receive another license in the mail.