How To Get Followers On Twitter
Learn how to get followers on Twitter and become a popular person in the social networking scene. Getting people to notice your online presence is easy if you know how to promote yourself. In today's world of new media and real-time updating, it's important to get your name in the public's eye quickly and easily, and Twitter has become an excellent medium to do just that. Follow these easy steps to get your profile followed by other Twitter users.
- Connect your Twitter account with your online persona. This includes e-mail and message board signatures, blogs or articles you write, or any other social media on which you connect to an audience. Associating your online self with your Twitter account is an easy way to gather a following.
- Doll up that profile. No one wants to follow someone without a personality, and the best way to showcase that A-plus attitude is to create an interesting and informative profile page. Upload a non-threatening photo, disclose your general location and a few vital statistics, and make sure your profile is public and open for followers.
- Follow people! The easiest way to get followers is to be a follower. Become a massive "friend" collector and follow as many profiles as you can. Find Twitter profiles using keyword searches or by clicking random profiles--the more people you follow, the bigger the pool of possible Twitter users who may follow you back.
- Get to know the "#hash." By tweeting with the use of keywords, you make it easier for followers to find you. Anytime you post a message onto your Twitter profile, place a "#" symbol in front of the keywords that others may use in the search field. Making yourself easier to find using hash tags is a great way to get followers.
- Be famous. It's only natural to be intrigued by the touch of stardom. Whether you're an A-list celebrity or a local news story cashing in on your fifteen minutes in the spotlight, your fame or notoriety makes for the perfect hook to catch the public's eye and a Twitter following.
- Pretend to be famous. So what if you're not a household name; the next best thing to being famous in the world of new media is pretending that you are. Play up how important it is to know and follow you; name-drop celebrities, sports stars, news stories, and trending topics to become and stay relevant in the social networking world. To get followers on Twitter, exploit the natural attraction of people to assumed fame.