How To Get Food Stains Off Polyester
Food stains don't have to result in ruined clothing, simply use the tips below and learn how to get food stains off polyester. Whether you're trying to remove chocolate stains, greasy food stains, or even ketchup, you'll find the information needed to learn how to get food stains off polyester below:
Materials needed to get food stains off polyester:
- Powdered laundry detergent with bleaching agent
- Enzyme based stain remover
How to get food stains off polyester:
- Chocolate stains. To remove chocolate from polyester, simply wash out the excess chocolate by flipping the fabric inside out and running it under cold water. Then, soak in an enzyme based stain remover for several hours. Rinse thoroughly.
- Ketchup stains. Ketchup is one of the most difficult stains to remove. You can learn how to get food stains off polyester, particularly ketchup stains, by rinsing the fabric under cold water and then applying a powdered laundry detergent with bleaching agent directly to the stain. Use a toothbrush to thoroughly embed the detergent into the fibers. Then, rinse clean.
- Greasy food stains. Butter, margarine, or lard can leave a nasty stain on clothing. You can learn how to get food stains off polyester, such as greasy food stains, by blotting the area with cold water. DO NOT RUB! Blot until the stain is completely wet and then apply a powdered detergent with bleaching agent directly to the stain. Use a toothbrush to work the detergent into the fibers. Flip the fabric inside out and run under cold water.
Final notes - The most important tip in learning how to get food stains off polyester, is to wash the fabric in hot water after following the steps listed above. NEVER place the fabric into the dryer when the stain is in place, as this will set the stain permanently in place.