How To Get Into A German Touring Car Championship
You’ll want to learn how to get into a German Touring Car Championship if you really want to test your skills. This special auto racing competition requires a modified car to participate. Tuning up is no longer just about looks and appeal, but about topnotch machinery. Be ready because in Germany you’ll face fast and difficult opponents.
To get into a German Touring Car Championship, you will need:
- International bank account
- A lot of racing experience
- Well-modified car
- Guts of steel
- Make sure you have enough income. A sponsor is supposed to back you up with a hefty grant, but if you’re a racing rookie, you can only count on your own money. Save as much as you can and open an international bank account if you want to travel abroad to Germany.
- Tune your car for the race. As you’re taking the very first steps into the racing business, start with not-so-expensive modifications. Choose a car that fits your instincts and begin replacing every piece to add special features according to the race track and handling maneuvers.
- Improve in every situation. Here is where you need guts of steel. Never lose your inner balance. With these tips in mind, you can spend a lot of time practicing alone at first and face other people later. In time, you’ll hone your racing skills for the championship.
- Expand your horizons. Take every opportunity you can to compete at local races and events. Local races will help you to increase your experience and build a reputation. Local events will help you make the contacts you need for the future. Also consider joining touring clubs to help you make connections. With patience and perseverance, you’ll get in touch with a sponsor who’s willing to back you up. Properly introduce yourself to every company involved in touring racing by sending a letter or contacting the manager directly.
- Target Germany as your next big step. Once you’ve made contact with a sponsor, show them your experience and express your goals. This is when you can start suggesting that you’d like to participate in European touring racing. If you feel confident enough, apply for the DTM (German Touring Cars Masters) or the VLN (Endurance Racing Championship Nürburgring). These are the top German Car Championships. Learn the unique German rules for touring car racing. These rules are not the same for every country. Your sponsor will help you out with the international application. You both have to work together in every step towards the big championship ahead.