Find out how to get healthy hair, skin, and nails through diet and nutritional supplements. Eating foods that are rich in specific nutrients allow for strong connective tissue, cell regeneration, growth, and repair. Additionally, taking specific supplements are an effective way to add luster to hair, softness to skin, and strength to nails. Learn how to get healthy hair, skin, and nails by providing what your body needs through nutrition.
To get healthy hair, skin, and nails, you will need:
- Nuts and Beans
- Flax seed oil
- Coenzyme Q10 supplements
- Kelp supplements
- Eat oatmeal every day. Don't think of oatmeal as mush anymore; it is a nutritional powerhouse. Oats are an excellent source of silica, which is necessary for the formation of new collagen. Collagen is found in all connective tissue in the body, including the hair, skin, and nails. Oats are also rich in B vitamins, which are important for maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Add salmon to the diet. Try eating a four or five ounce serving of fresh salmon at least once a week. This food is high in protein, which is necessary for building new tissue. It is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which will improve the texture of hair, skin, and nails.
- Go for the tofu. Soybeans are an excellent food to help you get healthy hair, skin, and nails. Tofu, as well as other soy products are great sources of protein, iron, and biotin. Biotin in particular is beneficial, and necessary. Aiding in cell growth and the utilization of the B complex vitamins, a deficiency is linked with hair loss and poor skin quality.
- Nuts and beans. Snack on almonds and walnuts, add beans to soups and stews, even indulge in some peanut butter once in awhile. Nuts and beans are packed with necessary nutrients such as zinc, selenium, and biotin as well as protein and essential fatty acids. All beans are also good sources of the amino acid lysine, which helps with the absorption of iron and zinc.
- Include berries and citrus in your diet. Vitamin C is also essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails because it is used for the production of collagen, as well as for tissue growth and repair. Vitamin C is most effective when consumed with bioflavonoids. Berries and the pulp of citrus fruits contains this natural nutritional combination.
- Supplement with flax seed oil. You can also use evening primrose, hemp seed, or borage oil. Why? Because these nutritional oils will provide a hefty but helpful dose of essential fatty acids. Take one tablespoon a day and the quality of your hair, skin, and nails will greatly improve.
- Take coenzyme Q10. This is the go to nutrient antioxidant for improving circulation. As simple and basic as this may sound, better circulation is a foundational requirement for better healing, growth, and regeneration.
- Try kelp supplements. If you want silky hair, supple skin, and beautiful nails, consider taking kelp supplements. Sea greens are an important source of a range of minerals that will support healthy growth and the repair of cells.
Now you know how to get healthy hair, skin, and nails. You don't have to spend a lot of money, or buy an over-priced 'secret' formula. All you need is good nutrition and plenty of it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.