How To Get A Hena Tattoo
Want to know how to get a henna tattoo? In the beginning, henna was used to provide relief in the desert. Eventually, henna was used as an artistic form and is used to celebrate an event or wedding. Shop locations that contain tattoo artists and piercings usually have a person who specializes in henna tattoos. This is not the only option to get a henna tattoo; you can mix the all natural product yourself as well.
The items you will need:
- Cotton swabs
- Rubbing alcohol
- Henna oil or olive oil
- ingredients to make the henna tattoo
- Conduct a skin allergy test on your skin. If you're allergic to any ingredient in the henna paste, your skin will become inflamed and you may need to get treatment from a board certified dermatologist.
- Before applying the henna tattoo, make sure your hands or any parts of the body you're directing the henna tattoo onto is clean from lotions, oils and sweat. Henna tattoos do not adhere to skin with these lubrications. Clean the area of skin you wish to apply the henna tattoo with alcohol.
- Begin thinking of what design you want applied to your skin. Use the henna tattoo cone to apply the design. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; a henna tattoo can easily be erased using a cotton ball with alcohol. The mistake will need to be dealt with quickly, so it won't stain the skin.
- Once your design is finished, you will need to take care of it. Typically, the henna tattoo should stay on the skin for a minimum of four hours or overnight. During this time, water should be avoided.
- When you wish to take off the henna paste, do not use water to remove it. The henna paste should be scraped off. If you have any problems, use henna oil or olive oil to remove the paste.
Some ingredients in henna tattoos contain para-Phenylenediamine (PPD). This is often used to change the color of your hair. If left on the skin for a long period of time, you will suffer lifelong allergic reactions to any product that contains the chemical PPD.