How To Get Hotel Upgrades
Want to know how to get hotel upgrades? If you know what you are doing, it is easy to get a hotel upgrade. You have to keep your cool and you have to know how to treat the hotel employees if you want to get hotel upgrades. Learn how to work the hotel system and allow the hotel system to work for you.
- Book your room directly through the hotel. You save the hotel money booking your room this way. They may give you free upgrades in return.
- Before you go to a particular hotel, join the loyalty program. You will get free things if you are a member of the hotel’s loyalty program. The hotel may upgrade you before you arrive if you are a loyalty member. Loyalty members are first in the upgrade line. Hotels depend on their loyalty members for feedback on the hotel. In return, loyalty members get special treatment from the hotel.
- If you want an upgrade in a hotel, pretend it is the birthday of a member of your party. You could also pretend it is your anniversary. Hotels like to make a big deal about special occasions. They are more likely to upgrade you if it is a special day for you or a member of your party. If they have a restaurant, the hotel may even give you a free meal.
- Complain about something in your room. Check into the hotel. Go to your room and check it out. Find something to complain about in your room. Go to the front desk (or call them) and complain about your room. Tell them you want a better room that does not have any problems. If there are other guests around, raise your voice a little bit louder and make sure everybody hears you. The hotel will likely upgrade you to a better room to shut you up. If you are a loyalty member, they will bend over backwards to help you out.
- Arrive late to the hotel. Politely ask for a free upgrade. If it is not completely booked, the hotel may upgrade you to make you a happy customer. This may be your lucky day.
- If you are in Las Vegas, book yourself in one of the casino’s hotels. If you spend enough in the casino, they will upgrade your room. If you are a big winner, they will upgrade your room. Many Las Vegas hotels will send big spenders and big winners free hotel stays to come back to their hotel.