Would you like to learn how to get a hunting license in California? in order to "hunt," which is defined at "pursue, catch, capture or kill" mammals or birds in the state of California, you'll need to obtain a license and take a hunter's education course. Those caught hunting without a license face prosecution and a fine. Read through the steps below to learn how you can get a hunting license in California.
- Meet the minimum requirements. The state of California allows children as young as ten years old to take a hunting education class and obtain a hunting license. Requirements include being able to write, read and understand the questions on the examination.
- Get a hunting license application. The California hunting license application form can be obtained at a variety of places including official California Department of Fish and Game License Sales offices, sporting goods stores, bait and tackle shops, drug stores and major retailers like K-Mart and Walmart.
- Take a hunting education class. In California, all hunters must pass an approved hunter education training course. Applicants will need to submit proof that they've completed the course before their application can be accepted.
- Pay for your license and additional stamps or tags. When submitting the initial hunting application, you'll need to pay a fee. The rates may vary depending on whether you qualify for discounts, like those given to veterans or those applying for a junior license. There are additional fees for stamps and tags which are needed when hunting bobcats, wild pigs or upland game birds.
- Submit the hunting license application. The completed form, along with any other required documentation, can be mailed to the California Department of Fish and Game at 1740 N. Market Blvd. Sacramento, California, 95834.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Lucy Kicks Ass, Metaphysics, Logic
If you are willing to relax, get on board and tweak your suspension-of-disbelief meter to 11, it’s not the worst way to spend 89 minutes.