Would you like to learn how to get a hunting license in California? in order to "hunt," which is defined at "pursue, catch, capture or kill" mammals or birds in the state of California, you'll need to obtain a license and take a hunter's education course. Those caught hunting without a license face prosecution and a fine. Read through the steps below to learn how you can get a hunting license in California.
- Meet the minimum requirements. The state of California allows children as young as ten years old to take a hunting education class and obtain a hunting license. Requirements include being able to write, read and understand the questions on the examination.
- Get a hunting license application. The California hunting license application form can be obtained at a variety of places including official California Department of Fish and Game License Sales offices, sporting goods stores, bait and tackle shops, drug stores and major retailers like K-Mart and Walmart.
- Take a hunting education class. In California, all hunters must pass an approved hunter education training course. Applicants will need to submit proof that they've completed the course before their application can be accepted.
- Pay for your license and additional stamps or tags. When submitting the initial hunting application, you'll need to pay a fee. The rates may vary depending on whether you qualify for discounts, like those given to veterans or those applying for a junior license. There are additional fees for stamps and tags which are needed when hunting bobcats, wild pigs or upland game birds.
- Submit the hunting license application. The completed form, along with any other required documentation, can be mailed to the California Department of Fish and Game at 1740 N. Market Blvd. Sacramento, California, 95834.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.