How To Get A Hunting License In Florida
Hunters new to the state, or visitors, may wonder how to get a hunting license in Florida. Hunting is a great activity, and Florida has a great deal of opportunity for hunters. A Florida hunting license is required for all hunting activities in the state. There are three different ways to get a hunting license in Florida: online, at a retailer or at a county tax collector's office.
To get a hunting license in Florida, you will need:
- Identification (if purchasing as a Florida resident, you need a Florida driver's license or customer ID number from a local county tax collector's office)
- Hunter safety course completion (anyone born on or after June 1, 1975 must provide proof of completing a hunter safety course)
- Obtaining a hunting license in Florida online is an easy process. Go to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission link below and select the "Licenses and Permits" link to start the license application process. You will provide identification information and pay for the process and can print out a temporary license. The regular license will arrive in the mail in a few days.
- Florida county tax collector's offices are available for in-person transactions. Each county has a tax collector's office and obtaining a license is a fairly easy transaction.
- Sub-agents, such as sporting goods stores or other retailers, can also issue Florida hunting licenses. You will provide the same information as the other methods to obtain the license.
Some people are exempt from needed a hunting license; check with the Florida state regulations on what those exemptions are. Lifetime hunting licenses are only available through a county tax collector's office.